We are excited to introduce a breakthrough in laser skin care. Sciton™ has developed the world’s first hybrid laser technology that maximizes the benefits and safety of laser skin treatment. This technology has been dubbed the Halo™.
Over time, your skin will lose its youthful glow due to sun exposure, aging and genetics. Previous lasers were limited in their ability to address this sun damage because they were either too shallow or went too deep. Too deep resulted in skin damage and pigmentation problems, and too shallow simply wasn’t effective for correction. Halo™ eliminates years of sun damage by precisely targeting the right depth. Everyone’s skin thickness is a little different and the Halo™ was designed to allow an adjustment to the depth based on the individual’s skin conditions. Halo™ is a new treatment option that is designed to help restore the luminous glow you had when your skin was younger.
Great results with minimal downtime
In the past, you had to choose between a procedure that offers great results but a lengthy recovery, or a procedure with a fast recovery but with marginal results. Now with Halo™, you will get the best of both world: great results with minimal downtime. Misleading marketing often leads people to believe that they can have an amazing results with no downtime. As if often the case, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t true. Halo™ combines deep dermal rejuvenation with epidermal renewal for a combination synergistic effect you can’t get with any other treatment. Halo™ creates beautiful results without the downtime of more aggressive treatments.
Only the best at Omni Cosmetic
We believe that every new and improved treatment needs to be carefully and clinically evaluated – so we intentionally are not the first to jump on board with every new thing that claims to be “new and improved”. We carefully evaluate and filter all of the advertising hype to help our patients make informed decisions. The Halo™ laser has both lab research and strong clinical evidence to back up its effectiveness supported by numerous research articles. Everyone’s skin is different. Everyone’s needs are different. Halo™ allows us to customize your treatment to the downtime you have available and the results you want. Need to be back at work tomorrow? A light treatment can help improve the texture, smoothness and vibrancy of your skin that’s ready for makeup the next day. Want to wow them? A more aggressive treatment will give your skin a deep youthful glow with just a few days of downtime. Let us know what your goals are for this kind of designer treatment and let Halo™ help you restore your glow!
Halo™ is designed to target different layers of the skin to correct including:
- Sun damage
- Visible signs of aging
- Uneven skin tone
- Enlarged pores
- Poor texture
- Fine lines
- Scar revision
When will I see results?
You will see initial results between two and five days after your Halo™ treatment, but your skin will continue to improve over time. Most patients see the greatest pigmentary improvement in the first two to three weeks. This is followed by a dermal regeneration phase that continues for months. A typical skin cycle takes about a month for a new skin cell to form and shed. Many patients continue to notice improvement over several months.
How long will my results last?
Your Halo™ result will last for years to come, but you should continue to keep your skin protected at all times using UV sunscreen to protect your new, healthy skin. Each additional Halo™ treatment you get will only improve the results, giving you even better looking skin. The reality is that a lot of damage that you see now was caused many years ago. Each treatment will target different aspects of your skin aging and coloration.
What happens during my treatment?
Forty five minutes to an hour prior to your treatment, your clinician will apply a topical anesthetic to your skin to reduce the sensation during the treatment. The area is then measured with the Halo™ hand piece to ensure the the area is treated evenly. One of the things we love most about this technology is the feedback that the computer provides as you are undergoing your treatment. Each treatment is customized for the individual’s skin type and goals. Your clinician will treat each measured section by uniformly rolling the Halo™ hand piece over the skin until the system recognizes the treatment is complete.
What does Halo™ feel like?
With a topical anesthetic and cooling technology, most patients experience little discomfort. Most patients describe the treatment as a feeling of heat with prickling sensations, but are usually comfortable. After the treatment your skin will be hot for up to 2 hours, which can be managed with cold compresses or ice packs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Who is a good candidate for Halo™ laser treatment? Halo™ is great for all skin types and ages. It can be customized depending on the area of the body that is being treated. Our Advanced Practice Aestheticians love to use this technology because they can adjust this treatment to meet specific patient’s goals for a light refresh with less downtime or more aggressive approach that will produce a more dramatic result – but have a longer downtime. Our surgeons also like this technology because it can be used a higher setting (with a more prolonged downtime) in the operating room and can be combined with facial rejuvenation procedures like blepharoplasty (eyelid lift), facelift, neck lift, or brow lift. This allows them the opportunity to not just reshape the face, but to also improve the appearance and texture of the skin. We did extensive research before we introduced this technology and we have all been so impressed with the results that we have identical Sciton Halo™ lasers in both our Wayzata and St. Cloud offices.
- What do I need to do to prepare for my Halo™ laser? We recommend stopping any topical retinol 2 weeks prior to treatment. We often recommend a Hydrafacial™ be done prior to the laser treatment because this treatment helps to promote quicker healing. We have also used a Hydrafacial treatment after Halo™ to help clean up the skin debris (microscopic epithelial sluff). If you’ve ever had a cold sore we have you start on medication like Valtrex prior to appointment date to help prevent a flare following treatment. We have also combined the Halo™with BBL because the broad band light compliments the effect of the Halo and can aid in reducing brown discoloration and redness from broken vessels near the surface of the skin.
- Does Halo™ laser treatment hurt? We use a great topical numbing agent for an hour prior to your appointment. The new technology for this procedure helps to move along the treatment areas more quickly and patients are very comfortable. You will hear a snappy noise from the laser as it rolls along the face. Skin will be warm during the Halo™. This technology is great because a cooling device is used during the treatment to protect the skin and reduce discomfort from the heat created by the treatment.
- What can I expect after my Halo™ treatment? After the Halo™ laser treatment is completed we continue to cool the skin until you are sent home. Your skin can feel warm like a sunburn for 2-3 hours afterwards. Some patients will prefer a cool compress at home. We will send you home with a skin care package with instruction on what to apply to keep your skin hydrated and comfortable. Swelling can be expected for the first 1-3 days after – depending on the depth of your treatment. Areas of pigment on your skin will appear darker and MENDs (microscopic epidermal necrotic debris) will appear around the second or third day. This is a normal part of the healing process and can feel like sandpaper before peeling away. Redness is also very normal and to be expected for the first 5-7 days after. The good news is that makeup can be applied at 48 hours after the treatment.
We recommend a post Halo™ enzyme treatment one week after the procedure (included in your treatment price). At this appointment we do a facial treatment to lightly exfoliate the skin to help it “breathe” and heal quicker, making it feel smooth and hydrated.
- How many Halo™ treatments are needed? Halo is great when done just 1-2 times a year but the treatment protocol varies depending on the depth of treatment and each patient’s goals. Everyone’s needs and concerns are different so this would be determined at your complimentary consultation. This technology was designed to treat a percentage of the skin because the untreated skin helps the treated skin heal faster and has significantly decreased problems with pigmentation irregularities. Future Halo™ treatments will continue to improve other areas of the skin in the treatment area.
- When will I notice results from my Halo™? Results can be noticeable following healing time and most visible 2-3 weeks after.
- What areas can be treated with Halo™? The most popular area for treatment is the face, but many patients request treatment of their necks, chest, hands and arms. The treatment can be customized to address sun damage in different areas of the body.