SkinPen Micro Needling
At Omni Cosmetic, we exclusively use SkinPen®, the only FDA-Cleared Microneedling device on the market. The SkinPen® uses 12 needles to cause controlled micro injuries to your skin that stimulate your body’s wound healing process, such as creating collagen, remodeling scar tissue and minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles all while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
We love the the SkinPen® as a natural way to slow down the aging process with minimal downtime. It is also a great way to protect the investment you have made in your skin after cosmetic surgery by continuing to keep your skin lifted and firm. SkinPen® is also one of our amazing choices to treat hyper pigmentation, melasma and rosacea safely and effectively.
We recommend starting with a package of three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart. Most of our patients see improvements in the skins appearance for six months after their last treatment, and step out with confidence. We recommend that once your treatment series has been completed, the best results will be achieved with maintenance treatments every 3-4 months, to keep your skin looking youthful! Alternatively, we have found that after a SkinPen® series, some patients find that their skin is ready to take on a more aggressive treatment with the Sciton® Halo™ Laser treatment. The Halo™ treatment uses laser generated thermal stimulation, instead of mechanical needling to stimulate collagen.
What to expect at your appointment
- Topical numbing cream will be applied about 30 minutes prior to your treatment to help keep your treatment comfortable.
- Your treatment will be 60 minutes
- This is a relatively comfortable treatment. Most patients feel a mild vibration from the SkinPen device.
- Downtime is minimal with the skin appearing light pink to red for 24-48 hours post procedure. Patients also may experience the sensation of mild sunburn, itching, dryness, rough texture and sometimes flaking of the skin. These are all normal responses to the treatment and should be expected.
- Aftercare will include a Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean and non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment. Apply these as directed.
- Maintenance with your skincare routine will be reviewed by your Aesthetician. Further product recommendations may help achieve optimal results from your treatment.